A tattoo is a design made under the skin with ink or other pigment. Usually decorative or symbolic. It’s a type of body modification.
• Temporary tattoo
Temporary tattoos can be made with black henna and by adding PPD(p-phenylenediamine) to obtain a black color in place of the brown one. PPD is an irritating and toxic matter. It is known to create allergies. It’s incorporation in tattooing past is forbidden in some countries. The traditional use of henna in north africa, india, pakistan is called mehndi. An other system of temporary tattooing use decorative stamps and ink of cosmetic quality. Like the mehndi (traditional tattoo with henna) it is dangerless , waterproff if the design is not rubbed.
Only cosmetic tattoos contains metal now. The administrative regulation ask usually some of the following advises: the shops must be registred to be contoled, no tattoo on underaged, no tattoo on a drunk person or a person with shorten faculties..
• Quelques types de tatouages :
– Traditional : large outlines, strong shadding, use of primary colors.
– Tribal : large line graphism, mostly black, inspired by primitive tattoo in general and polynesian in particular.
– Flash : images that cover the wall of a tattoo shop.
– Custom : unique tattoo created by the customer and the tattooist in collaboration.
– Realistic : design made in the more realistic way possible, like a photo.
– Old school : design inspired by rock’n’roll, pin-up, the 1950’s…
– New school